Alliance francophone pour l’accouchement respecté (AFAR)
The Respecting Childbirth French-speaking Alliance
AFAR is an association of users of maternity services.
AFAR is committed to ensuring that people have access to information that enables them, on the one hand, to make their own choices regarding childbirth and newborn care, and on the other hand that their choices are respected. AFAR also aims to act by all means, including litigation, to enforce the rights of users of maternity services — including abortion rights.
- AFAR is a member of Collectif interassociatif autour de la naissance (CIANE) thereby benefiting from its accreditation for the representation of users of health services.
- AFAR takes part in the fight against sexual and sexual violence within Collectif Nous Toutes
In the rest of the world:
- AFAR has been present in Canada since its creation in 2004 and contributes to the reflection on birth conditions through the activity of its members and information on the rights of women and families (see fact sheets)
- AFAR is represented in Australia, Scandinavia through its members and links with local birth improvement movements wherever possible.
Following up AFAR activities?
- afar.association(arobase)gmail.com (main email)
- veille.afar(arobase)gmail.com (regarding medical publications)